Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rachel Elizabeth Dreyer

My birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow. And I decided to use the month of October to appreciate all the birthday gifts I already have. For the next month, I will be paying tribute to many of the things that make my life worth living. That give me a reason to live another year. Friendships, music, happy and beautiful parts of my life. The moments and memories and joy in the pain. In no particular order, just little by little.

I'm gonna start with my beautiful friend Rachel.


This girl. Where do I even start? 
I moved back from Washington 4 years ago and, although I haven't lost touch with a lot of people, Rachel and I have actually managed to grow closer in spite of the distance. Every time I can't sleep, can't think straight, can't figure out what to do with my feelings, It's as simple as a text, and there she is, calming me down, brutally honest, always capable of seeing through my eyes and giving me hope. We have carried each other's burdens, fought each other's battles when we felt too weak, and I know I can always count on her to just get me. Our feelings are often in sync, and it takes very little to explain what I'm going through; she just KNOWS.
Rachel is like a lake. At first glance, the beauty is apparent. After some observation and time spent, you get a sense of peace and stillness. But once you really start exploring, you will find depths and surprises and life and struggles and miracles you never expected. She is so multifaceted and relatable, she loves and feels deeply, and fights quietly but with a great strength. She is there for my lowest of lows and highest of highs, even at a distance. Her smile and laughter are intoxicating, her soul is inspiring, her love is real. She has been and continues to be an amazing gift in my life, and keeps me from regretting so many stupid decisions I made, because our friendship is worth forgetting regrets. 
Someday, maybe I can write something worthy of you, Rach. For now, know how much I love you. I wouldn't be the same without your friendship, and my life would be so much darker. Thank you for your sunshine and your rain and your words and hugs and laughs. AHLAHVYAHSAHMAHCH.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment